Saturday, October 3, 2009

Has Anyone Ever Told You You Look Like....

My entire post-puberty life I have been told I look like Tiffany Amber Thiessen. Not so much the Kelly from Saved by the Bell Tiffany, but more the Valerie from Beverly Hills: 90210 kind. People always make a point to make that distinction. I'm guessing it's because I'm such a sexy, sultry vixen.... Funny enough, I was even asked for her autograph once. Except I don't really remember any of the details of how it happened... which kinda makes me think I might have made it up.... Hmmmm....

Anyway...
Strangely, I haven't gotten the comparison much since I gave birth to my body altering, celeb look-alike destroying little cherub... BUT last night I got a text from my friend Brad saying he saw Tiff on the tube and it took him 5 minutes of pondering why in the world I was on TV to realize it wasn't me. Which of course threw me right back in the zone and gave me all of my peoplethinkIlooklikeTiffanyAmberThiessen confidence back.

So, I started musing about all the lookalikes I know and wanted to share...

***Disclaimer: after perusing pics of my peeps and their celeb counterparts for like 5 hours trying to find perfect, identical matches, and showing each picture to Sam for his approval only to get a "no, they don't really look alike in that one" I realized my laptop was singeing my thighs and I was all sweaty and frustrated so I had to settle... and now I'm starting to think none of them even really look alike at all (including mine) so just use your imagination. And I say these things in the name... just kidding.

My sister, Mera, always gets Mandy Moore. Cept' let's be honest here... Meradith is way hotter than Mandy. And she sings better, too. No disrespect, Mandy, but even you know you're a little annoying.

Mera's husband Jason is twins with the Italian Stallion... which is precisely why he holds a Rocky movie marathon annually.
I have to give Meradith friendly little reminders to keep the fist fights in their marriage to a minimum.... heaven forbid Jason ends up looking like this:

BFF Shalyse looks a lot like Debra Messing. Except she's a lot hotter, too! Come on celebs! I guess I should add that I've always thought the resemblance was stronger when Debra's on film, not in still frame.

This next one is an interesting comparison because Lady Gaga is kind of the fugly version of my friend, Jenna. Or maybe the not so cute big sister who's always been way jealous of hotter little sister and therefore acts out in a trampy, weirdo with lots of heavy make up, version. BUT, there is a total resemblance--in a one's hot and one's not kind of way. Sorry Denny.

I'm so progressive that my celebrity comparisons even span across racial boundaries. Now hear me out. For some reason, my friend Stacy has always reminded me of a white Tyra Banks. I told her this once and she called me a freak so I'm looking for some validation.

This next one is really legit. My friend Tawny and Jessica Simpson. Don't pretend you don't see it.

Back in the day (like 6 months ago) my sis and I would fall to pieces watching our two little munchkins together...

Because we are demented, we became particularly slap happy when discussing their resemblance to...

A few weeks ago Sam's brother, Seth, Sam, Meradith and I were all sitting around the dinner table talking about this very subject. Seth piped up and said, "People always tell me I look like Will Ferrel." Of course we all gasped and objected. Seth, looking defensive, said, "What? I don't mind, he's a good looking guy." We were stumped, but Seth was adamant so we just moved on with the conversation. After a bit I noticed Seth staring down at his dinner plate, looking contemplative, when he looked up suddenly and said, "Oh wait, not Will Farrell. I meant Colin Farrell." Then he went on eating as if nothing had changed.

Seth and Colin....

Seth and Will....
Pretty much the same thing.

And last, but not least....

Sam's step mom, Kathy, always goes on and on about how much she thinks Sam looks like George Clooney. That's right. Good ol' Georgy. Sam, of course, thinks this is completely preposterous and gets all agitated and huffy whenever she says anything. When I told him I was going to put it on the blog he said, in the words of Ron Burgandy, "You do that and I'm gonna punch you in the ovaries."

SOOO, just for that....


I have a few more but they involve a couple of Sam's exes, which he told me would be weird... and a couple of my exes... which he told me isn't allowed. So, that's all she wrote. Now, tell me about your celeb comparisons.

10 comments:

Carina said...

Totally amazing! I can only imagine how much time that took to find the right picts to match your fellow celeb-look-a-likes. Very cool! And I have to say that I have to agree with Sam's step-mother that he does indeed look like George Clooney!

ShaLyse Walker said...

Oh my gosh I have not laughed this hard in such a long time. This was the most excellent blog ost of all time pRobably because I made an appearance AND I got compared to Debra Messing AND Denny got compared to Lady Gaga. We're all in the car right now seriously dying laughing. And that little "in the name of..." Stunt you tried pulling was ALSO most superb. Here are a couple of other comparisons for you....
Shelby looks like vanessa hudgens, lily allen (now that lily allen lost some lb's, and rachel bilson. Jenna also looks like brittany snow ( from hairsray) and LC!!!
Preston looks like Johnny Knoxville,
Oh and don't worry, I get Marie Osmond all the time too. Hahaha
That's all I can think of for now!
Bye Tiff!

stacy h. said...

Hahaha! Nessa....you kill me, but you're crazy. TYRA? That's ridiculous. Loving all the others though! :)

The DeGraffs said...

soooo, maybe you could post my picture next to these next two gentlemen to once and for all disprove the ridiculous claims that i look like either jon heder, or jim carrey! unless of course you yourself were thinking the very same thing...ive secretly been claiming that people think i look like brad pitt, and from time to time even claiming that "people always say i look like him", to the point that i had convinced myself that this was not a lie, but an actual common occurence. then about 3 years ago i came to terms with myself as i sat in my basement thinking of the last person to tell me that, and i realized...NO ONE EVER HAD! A hard one to swallow but time has healed my self-inflicted-ego-injury...

Kent said...

I've gotten Luke Perry, Chris O'Donnell, and most recently, Sean William Scott. In fact, some teenie bopper approached me in a water park in Atlanta and asked me if I was Sean William Scott. She had a British accent, so she probably thinks anybody with straight teeth is Sean William Scott. Zing!

Meradith said...

Oh my gosh. Ren and Stimpy?? I can't believe you could think that!! You are such a mean aunty and mother. haha!!. Oh my makes me laugh so hard because there really is some resemblance!!! And I do see some comparison between Sam and George, but it's mostly the hair in that pic. I'm referring to the way Sam's hair looks now and George's in that pic of course. I was excited he gave himself a new look to start business school with.

sarawhat said...

BAH hahahha! I'm lauging so hard at that picture of Sam and George! They could be twins! hehe. Now he just needs to grow his hair out and go get a curling iron. awesome.

sarawhat said...

ps- yOu DO look like Tiffany. And she hot, so it a good thing!

Amber said...

So I'm rolling over here! My 4-year old who, has a slight resemblance to Chris Kringle (see here.. http://themateam.blogspot.com/2008/01/resemblance.html) is staring at me like I'm a looney!

And by the way, you are way hotter than Tiffany Amber Thiessen!

Meg and Terr said...

haha, so entertaining and I don't even know these people. I always get that I look like Amanda Bines (when I had my long dark hair) not very exciting I know :(