Friday, May 21, 2010

When did this happen? *UPDATED*


So little did I know the Turkey Sub knows her letters. I haven't taught her any of them---so I was a little surprised to discover she knows 19 of 26 letters perfectly. Anyway, my phone ran out of space before we could finish, so you don't get to hear her calling the "W" a "double-vee!" Plus, this was like the 500th time I'd made her say them so she wasn't being as cooperative. BUT, here's a little clip for the grandmas and aunties!

*UPDATE* OK, Mom, I finally got her to cooperate with the rest of it. But it cut off the Y and Z for some reason.... anyway, here you go!


*Note: for those of you who don't know, the reason this is such a celebration in our house is because the Turkey Sub has been a late bloomer in the speech department--which brings along with it all sorts of other developmental concerns. She's gotten to a point where there is now little concern, but any leaps in the right direction make us pee our pants...

9 comments:

Carina said...

UNBELIEVABLE! You've got a wunderkind on your hands! Seriously amazing! She might not be speaking yet, but she's got a lot brewing up there in that brain.

Mimi said...

That is AMAZING!! Wow!! I think I may have peed my pants a little bit, too. Where has she been hiding all this?! And you didn't even teach her?! That's one smart cookie. I'm so so so excited to hear what else she's got going on in that beautiful head.

~Mike & Mackenzie said...

What a smarty pants! Zack barely said a word before he was 2 years old and immediately started speaking in full sentences after we took the binky away on his 2nd birthday (possibly a coincidence:-).

Apparently he didn't want to bother with the 1-2 word babbling and perfered to wow us with his full sentences:-)

Now he has taught himself to read! Don't worry about the late talking .. I think they were just taking it all in:-)

Our family is only capable of producing extremely "advanced" children:-)

Fausett Family said...

It's so cute!!! I love it!! Anything that kids do is pretty amazing!! ;) congrats again on your new little baby! ;)

Jill Wilson said...

I will have to completely agree with what Kenz said :) Plus that little voice is so cute!!!

I have lots of friends that say their little ones preferred to observe a little longer and then just exploded in the speech dept.

Good job, little Leah!!

And PS-- Kenz is not kidding about Zack reading. You should hear that boy wonder. I thought she was exaggerating (as our family has a tendency to do) but she isn't. Its the craziest thing I have ever seen.

stacy h. said...

what a smarty ness!! she is the cutest. i always just die over a leah post. :)

Heather said...

What a cutie! You know, Aaron learned a lot of his letters and numbers by watching Sesame Street. I was both relieved that that he learned them so quickly and dismayed that he was getting educated by t.v. Now I don't care as long as they learn it!
I'm sorry Leah had hand, foot, mouth disease. Sometimes it's nice to be forced to stay home and get things done there (in other words, lay on the couch and take naps).

Jordyn Parry said...

How fun! It's always surprising what things kids can pick up without you knowing :)

Courtney said...

Hurray Leah! Nothing quite like the puffed-up pride a parent feels when the chillens do right by us.

EVEN more so when there have been prior concerns about development. (so in the middle of that)