Monday, November 9, 2009

And my Brain is like Bleh...

Prepare for some not sure why I wrote this, caught a whiff of Leah's stank diaper so I had to cut it short with no real point, lameness of a post. Feel free to skip.

This last Thursday I was lucky enough to contract some sort of awesomeness that made me puke every hour, on the hour, for 24 hours straight. It started in the middle of the night and I was devastated when, upon collapsing onto the couch at 2:00AM in a shaky, weakened mess, I heard lurching and sputtering from Leah's room and found her doing the AceVenturaJustFoundOutLoisEinhornIsReallyRayFinkle in her crib. Poor little lamb. She's never thrown up before. Traumatic.

On the bright side, the sickly version of me loves the Jonas Brothers. I watched 6 episodes of JONAS on the Disney channel in a row. That's right. Oh, and I paused and rewound several scenes over and over, laughing hysterically at the cutest, funniest, most talentedest guys I'd ever seen. I've never heard their music before, nor have I seen their TV show, but during those hours of puke-induced delirium, I was their numero uno. In fact, I was so out of touch that I recruited Sam to take a break from his studies to come watch with me. I sat there, thrilled with myself and all excited to reveal my new little treasure, He's gonna think this is so funny! when after seconds of watching, I looked over to find him glaring at me with the crustiest look ever. His face didn't leave mine, nor did its crustiness dissipate, as he slowly stood and returned to our bedroom, closing the door behind him.

It reminded me of one time in college when I was really sick and somehow got my mitts on a made for TV version of Peter Pan starring that little darling, Jeremy Sumpter. I watched it every day, happy as a clam, for three days straight.


Moral of the story: Vanessa gets all preteen and cheesy and creepy when sick.

Number one on my TO DO list this morning: cancel JONAS series recording on DVR.

On Saturday I was able to leave the chestery version of myself in the dust, along with any remnants of nausea. Mother Nature sensed my post-sickness endorphin rush coming on and sweetened the pot with a little dose of 70 degree weather. Which sent me running through the streets (for some reason, I originally typed streaking through the streets... which would have been a slight embellishment) ahem, anyway, running through the streets, fully anticipating those I passed to fall into step and join me in a choreographed version of "The Hills are Alive!"

Speaking of, have you seen this video? It's pretty much all my dreams coming true.


Now, if you're feeling annoyed and that your time spent here was in vain, read this post my really funny sissy just wrote.

6 comments:

Carina said...

I don't think that it is EVER a way of time to read your entertaining blogs. I am definitely happy that you are feeling better and now have a mad crush on the Jonas Brothers. I can't say I've ever seen them but I definitely heard a lot about them from the YW I served.

Amber said...

Oh the joys of being sick. It is funny how a new side of us comes out when we are weakened by a lovely evening of vomiting.
So, if and when I'm sick I'm going to save some Jonas bro sites to my favorites. You never know when it will come in handy!

Glad you are feeling better.

Mimi said...

So I have a small confession...

I definitely had the Jonas series recording on my DVR back in Arizona. (And Matt definitely despised watching it with me, just like Sam.) Yeah. I like them even when I'm NOT sick. My entertainment preferences will forever be in sync with the current generation of 11-year-old girls. I can't help it.

Next time you're sick, I recommend The Suite Life on Deck, Wizards of Waverly Place, and Hannah Montana. Wow, I think I just revealed a little too much about myself there, and the insane amount of Disney Channel I watched back in the breastfeeding days. :/

bethany said...

Oh my gosh, Nessa...Ally is going to fight you...she hates the Jonas Bothers with a passion. I have no idea why. I keep asking her why and she justs says, "aaahhhh. they suck, mom!" Anyway, bring it up when you are here. Maybe we will get another version of "RESPECT ME!"

sarawhat said...

I've watched this video from Central station (in Belgium, like 1 hour from me house. I feel like had known I would have been there dancing along with them...secret keeping jerks) like 367 times. Every person who comes into our house I'm like, "Hey, you've gotta see this." Then I start singing along with good old Maria. Sorry you were sick...puking sucks. It sucks even worse to clean up someone elses puke when you're sick. Nastiness. At least you had the Jonas brother to calm your troubled nerves.

Meradith said...

Well Nessa, I don't think we've ever seen the Jonus brothers here at our house, but I will say Jason would be sitting right next to you with a perma-grin, eating a bag of popcorn. You know this about my husband, though slightly unusual it is for a grown man to enjoy the Disney channel and other teenie bopper shows, he does and is not ashamed and it's quite endearing. Sam is probably the same under that rough exterior. He might not just yet have the security required to fully enjoy the cheesiness. I say, don't delete those recordings. Just keep playing them in the background when Sam is around. One day you'll come home and he'll be watching an episode all by himself, tears of joy streaming down his scruffy face.