Monday, March 30, 2009

Oh, Woest Me!

I'm sorry I have to complain a little bit. Apart from suffering any major tragedies, I can safely say this was the worst weekend imaginable! To start, we moved apartments, which in and of itself is very hateful and agonizing. It has to be mentioned that my husband is absolutely superhuman. I have never seen such a moving machine. We've moved together before, but the last time I was pregnant and too involved in my own pitiful state to notice his ridiculously brutish strength! 

What made the weekend especially miserable was the fact that we've all come down with our own little slew of ailments. Leah has been sick with a cold since pretty much the holidays. Nasty nose, cough, fever and sore throat. She topped it off this week with a lovely outbreak of PINK EYE. Don't even get me started on pink eye. Ok, you got me started. I'm particularly bitter about this nasty little malady because of course, she passed it along to me in record time. Seriously, how mangy is pink eye? Normally I would have just gone into quarantine but I had to be out and about because of the move. Leah and I were a sight to behold walking around revolting everyone who got close enough to make eye contact. Pink eye is often paired with an awful cold so of course we couldn't be spared that either. Last night in preparation for bed I started by putting drops in my beautiful bright pink eyes, took 4 advil, inhaled some nasal decongestant and popped in a throat lozenge...  

Sam has been able to miraculously dodge the pink eye but has been plagued with the worst hay fever imaginable. After a frenzied, full-fisted eye, nose and face scratching he looked at me through red rimmed, teary eyes and said, "Baby, where's the cheese grater?" Me: "It's packed up, why?" Sam: "If I had a cheese grater I would grate my face off." 

The one highlight of the weekend was the discovery of a delicious little shop called Yogurt Station. Holy shiz. Frozen yogurt in all sorts of delightful self-serve flavors and a wall full of every topping imaginable. The best part is that it's all "do it yourself" so you can go wild with whatever you want... no more scrimping on the cheese cake bits or brownie bites... it's all you. They just weigh your concoction at the end and charge you accordingly. The fatty in me made a proclamation to Sam that we would be "eating there EVERY DAY UNTIL APRIL FOOLS DAY!!" Which of course is only a couple days away, but you get the idea. 

Anyway, now we're all moved in snug as a bug in a rug. I'm sure we'll all look back on this someday and laugh... someday. Today is not that day. 

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Amen. Freaking Amen. And... I'm sorry.

Jill Wilson said...

Oh man! That stinks! It always works out that way too (everyone sick at the same time). My favorite part of pink eye is waking up with my eye glued shut from boogs! Sorry if I misspelled boogs- ;)

Kent said...

I don't think I've received enough credit for pretty much moving the entire truckload in during our last move, although I won't begin to compare my strinth to Sam's. Will you mention that in your next post?

Sam was always a wreck every Spring. Just looking at him makes my eyes water. You two are just a watery-eyed mess.

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

I just noticed you are moving. Tha is so exciting for you guys. What a fun adventure!!Good luck.