Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Month to Remember

February was one fiesta after another. To start, Sam flew my mom out to babysit and surprised me with tickets to WICKED for our 3 year anniversary!! It was GLORIOUS! I've been obsessed with the soundtrack since it first came out so it took everything in me, and a few steely glances from Sam, (literally shouting in a whisper, "You'll ruin it for everyone!") to keep from belting out every song along with the production. It's been a few weeks now and I've finally settled back into the reality that I am, in fact, NOT destined to be on Broadway... something similar to the identity crisis I suffered back when Phantom of the Opera came out and I was certain there was an opera singer dormant inside of me just waiting for the chance to make her debut to the world. Anyway, the night was magical.



Of course, it wouldn't have been nearly as wonderful had I not been sure Leah was in good hands.  I knew my mama could handle our little turkey sub no matter what kind of punch she decided to pack. We came home and Leah and Grammy were rocking and snoozing together in the recliner. What good girls. 



The rest of the time my mom spent out here was much needed and appreciated. Sam and I went to the temple one night and on a RED HOT early Valentines Day dinner date on another. Oh, and I spent a significant amount of time whipping my mom's A in Quiddler--Don't try to deny it, mom.

On the 19th Samnation turned 29 years old. We kept the festivities mellow following our crazy week of painting the town but I still managed to cook up a humble dinner of filet mignon, potatoes and glazed carrots... just a little something I threw together.... 


All in all the birthday meal was a major success

I had to include this next pic for your viewing pleasure. This is the scene I open the bedroom door to every single time she wakes up from a nap... pure and utter devastation.  I laugh every time... poor peetree...


 
And a couple more pics for the road...



8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Seeing pictures of little Leah makes me crazy. We can't wait for you guys to be within driving distance...how much longer?

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Wow, I'm impressed that Sam followed through on such an awesome idea! And it's nice to hear that other people have fun playing nerd-word games too. Did you make Sam's birthday cake? It looks great! You daughter is a doll.

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

oh btw, if you would like to read my blog, email me your email address and I'll send you an invitation (yes, I'm very exclusive). My email is hhferguson@gmail.com

Jill Wilson said...

I cannot believe how sweet that was of your husband!! What an awesome surprise ;) Plus, you got to see your Mama!! Those pics of Leah are delice as usual... she is so full of goodness I cant take it. You look great in the pic you posted too - what a beauty queen... or should I see dancing queen (See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the dancing queen). Have a great day tootz!

Meradith said...

Nessa I can NOT stop staring at the little ham devastated in her crib!! Oh my gosh that picture is too much for me to handle! Sometimes it helps if you take them out of their cribs once in a while and don't keep them locked away all day, it wouldn't be such a traumatic place for her. haha! I want to pummel her so bad!! She is gonna get it from aunty! PS. You're not coming to Disneyland wiht us, are you? Come on, just fess up!

ShaLyse Walker said...

NETTALYNNJULIA! I lurvy lurv lurved this post. What a romantic month february is for you two!! And that dinner? Not bad, not bad at all!
I miss! I'm calling you today.

Jill Wilson said...

Oh my gosh- I just read that you guys are moving to Chicago!! That is so awesome!! We will definitely be visiting asap. Chicago is only 3 hours away. I am so excited!

Fausett Family said...

I love your blog!!! I will confess that I was blog hopping and happily came across yours! Your little family is so adorable!