Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Think I might be PMS?

The following conversation took place last night when I walked into our bedroom and found Sam wrapped up in my blanket on my side of the bed:

Me: What the crap are you doing on my side of the bed?
Sam: I like to wrap up in your blanket cause it smells like you.
Me (literally feeling rage swell up inside): No, you just wanted to steal the cool crisp of my side of the bed so you could get in your side of the bed and have the refreshing cool twice!
Sam: I wanted to make your side warm and toasty for you!
Me: You know I don't like my bed TOASTY!!!

I brutishly bulldozed my way into bed and after a few seconds of silence we both busted up laughing. Poor Sam. Not my finest moment.



P.S. No, this pic is not me. I'm leaving this disclaimer because my husband advised me to... oh, and my mom thought it was me. Nice. 

9 comments:

Jeff and Michelle Galovan said...

haha thats great! I had a moment like that yesterday too! Lets just say its PMS haha Im glad im not the only one!

Kent said...

This is the opposite of our bed. Mel gets in on her side and complains for the next 30 years about how her side is freezing and I need to warm up her side first.

Also: blog more. It's better than most of the other crap I read.

Courtney said...

I so understand that rage and wrath. Sometimes Ryan uses MY towel to dry his clean hands on after he has washed them in the middle of the night post-diaper change so I don't have to get out of bed to do that. I suppose I shouldn't be admitting how ruthless I am. What a heinous woman, I am. Haha... thanks for the laugh.

Author said...

That seriously cracked me up! Glad to know Im not the only one who hates my bed toasty. Ha ha! Im still laughing.

Meradith said...

Oh Nessa. This post made me just laugh and laugh and laugh some more. I just feel so sorry for your husband, it's just that you are so mean to him all the time. And I cannot relate at all to your behavior. Weird. Anyway, what I found to be even more humorous was when I showed this post to our dear mother, who replied with a startled gasp, "when did she take that picture?" me: uh are you honestly implying that THAT is Vanessa?" her: oh, its not her? she found a picture that looks just like her. Too funny." what?!?! I had to turn and give her a sound verbal lashing! just picture if that was really you. Hahaha!!

Jill Wilson said...

Hey there!! I tagged you... go to my blog for details :)

Isom Crew said...

You are too funny! I love your comments. Also, you have a typo on your blogging friends we are Tonya and Jon Isom. Nice to meet up with you here.

Meg and Terr said...

O vanessa you are so full of rage and anger these days...what happened?
My wife would love it if I got her side of the bed so toasty and she thinks I am "mr. freeze".

Meradith said...

You look so cute with blonde hair! I love it!