Monday, December 8, 2008

Here Comes Santa Claus!

We were especially excited for our ward Christmas Party because we knew Santa would be there and we couldn't wait to get pictures of our little cherub with the big S.C. We were all giddy and gleeful as we lined up and awaited our turn. Our joy and anticipation was cut short when it became clear Santa couldn't make it this year... instead, he sent his creepy cousin who was visiting from the homeless shelter, Chester Claus, in his place...



You can tell how experienced he was with the little ones by the way he's wrenching Leah's arm behind her back. I didn't feel the need to take more than just this one shot before snatching her up and scurrying away. We love you Chester!



This was the shot taken directly after "the encounter." You can see Leah casting a disdainful stink eye in Chester's direction. Judging by Sam's face, even he was a little traumatized.



All in all we still managed to have a splendid little dinner... though I'll be keeping these pics hidden until Leah is old enough to know the truth...



The beginning of me and Sam's gingerbread house making extravaganza. Which didn't take long to become a gingerbread house making competition... with Sam making every addition to his house in secret so that I "couldn't copy."



The finished product! I was officially duped when Sam unveiled his mind-blowing icicle-making icing technique.... of course I totally played it cool, "I don't WANT icicles on my house." I secretly tried to add a few... didn't work out so well.

9 comments:

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

That has got to be the worst Santa costume I have ever seen. No wonder you guys were all creeped out!

Hey can you send me your address for Christmas cards? Thx!

hhferguson@gmail.com

Courtney said...

Okay, first of all, who the hell is that Santa? I certainly hope he wasn't a paid gig or I'm quitting paying tithing. What the crap? Kids were supposed to buy that? Yes, keep those hidden from poor Leah.

Secondly, you look amazing, per usual.

Thirdly, those are some wicked cool gingerbread houses. You guys have some mad skills.

Oh yeah, and fourthly, congrats to Sam on Chicago... Northwestern's Tax Law program is on Ryan's list-- who knows, maybe we could endure the windy city together?

Meradith said...

That Santa... seriously scared the crap out of me when I got to your blog. And as soon as I saw Sam's icicles, I got the biggest pit in my stomach from yealousy!! We'll see who's yealous though- we are going to make our gingerbread houses so much bigger and better than yours... we are making a gingerbread community. With people and a post office and and ice skating rink.

Meradith said...

PS Jason was laughing hysterically last night while reading your blog. I told him to post a comment because he enjoyed your post so much and he closed the computer really fast and nervously said, "you post a comment." Shy little fella.

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

I love that she is smiling still. Michele said it was so fun to see you, i can't believe how close you guys live. Email me at haypotter300@yahoo.com if you want a blog invite!

Kent said...

It's a cold day in hell when Vanessa graces me with a comment on my post. I knew you must have posted recently, so I checked your blog, and there were 3! You can always beat my posts by leaving one picture of your littlest, because I don't have anything nearly that cool to offer. Yet.

Allie said...

YAY!!!!!! I miss you and that baby! I'm glad that we can be blogging buddies, i'm not very good at it yet...

Audrey Henderson said...

hey palmers, what's your address, we want to get a Christmas card in the mail to you. P.S. Leah is the cutest ever! she looks like a model baby

Audrey Henderson said...

oh yeah here is my email:
audreyhendo@gmail.com, thanks!