Friday, January 2, 2009

The Holidays...



Good grief.  This holiday season was a glorious, hectic hullabaloo.  I'm glad/sad that it's over... sad because I know I'll be whimpering and sniffling for my family in two days time, and glad because 2/3 of our little family spent a good amount of time under the weather.... both from actual sickness and from stuffing ourselves to the point of misery everyday---every meal... always with the same result... Sam and I stumbling away, clutching our bellies, making "the face" and vowing to never eat again--only to perk right up when dessert was presented. I guess it's only to be expected! Anyway, we spent Christmas with the Kaakoush family in Phoenix and then brought my parents home with us to ring in the New Year California style.


Elyza loved carrying Leah around... even though Leah weighs as much as she does.


Little jailbird


Leah--ridin' dirty


This is how they spent most of the trip...


Leah and Olivia


Leah and mama


Leah and Elyza


Leah and Sam's grandpa.  He is such a peach and was smitten with our little heff

I was obsessed with Leah at church this last Sunday.  She clearly was as well!


Daddy and Leah 


Sam and Leah at the beach...right before he dunked her... notice Grammy in the background collecting sea glass.  Seriously, I've never seen anyone so happy.  She loves her sea glass...


Grammy and Papa in Muir Woods


Sam and Leah in Muir Woods


We all dressed in like ten layers that day--overdid it a bit

11 comments:

Tiffany Wilson said...

Good to see a post from you. My favorite part was the comment about your Mom and sea glass. Why am I not surprised?!!

Leah is getting cuter by the day. . .and I thought you were looking pretty hot (and thin) in the pic yourself.

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Next time you guys come to Phoenix you should look us up! And I guess you can visit Dave and Sonja too...

You are looking so great! And Leah is so beautiful and chubby! Glad you guys had a good Christmas and got to visit G&G Broadbent too.

Jill Wilson said...

You are so funny! I was cracking up at the opening paragraph... oh we are so related :) Thats awesome you got to see family this holiday. Leah looks so sweet!

~Mike & Mackenzie said...

Great pictures!

Could you be any prettier?? My goodness ...

Courtney said...

You look amazingly beautiful in that picture of you and your also amazingly beautiful baby. Also, can I just say how much I love your mother and that you caught her in action scoping for sea glass? She was appalled at me when I told her I dumped a whole bucket of it in a bush at Bikini Beach in Laie. But then she was nice enough to give me some of her own collection, which now adorns a glass dish atop my armoire. Tis true.

Author said...

im jealous you had family in town. We stuck it out here all by ourselves the entire season - Halloween & Thanksgiving included. You are looking awesome! And Leah is so cute. I love those thighs!

Court and Brade said...

So fun that you got to hang out with Curt and Nanc--- Love those people :) I am also in love with the pics of Sam and Leah on the beach, they are really sweet :)

Kent said...

Sam looks so good in his beard and shades, my man crush has just turned into a sexual crush. Tell NO ONE.

Jill Wilson said...

Nessa- I need a new post soon or you will have to suffer the consequences!!! (Now picture me shaking my fist at you :))

Unknown said...

Those Collard genes are to die for! Seriously the babies the cousins the mommas and the parents you all are too dang cute!!!

The DeGraffs said...

im going to eat your baby! i just did it, i just ate you baby whole...mentally, i ate you baby in one giant bite...and she was delicious.