Monday, February 8, 2010

F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

I'm about to lose my mind. I somehow changed a setting on my camera and I don't know what I did and now all of my pictures end up looking like this:
Mark, Sam, Scott, Lincoln, Carina, Matt, Mimi and Stephanie
*not pictured: Amber, Eryn, Sherrie, Moi and 9 munchkins.
BUT I took a total of three pictures of our Superbowl party last night and this was the best one of the bunch. SO for documentation sake, it's stayin'. Just look at all those gentlemen, sitting on the floor so the wives can have the comfy seats. So sweet.

Oh, and I'm posting this one simply because I like the magic moment that's about to happen between Matt and Mimi. The make out sesh got a little awkward, guys.
Happy Birthday today, Meemers!

I don't have much to say about the night except that it was excellent and I love love love(!) the little family we've formed out here in the ghetto. I've discovered the only thing that really dictates whether or not I like living somewhere is the caliber of friends I make. And these people are the reason I love myself some Chi-ca-ga!

Oh, and whenever you don't drink alcohol and still get someone to throw up purely from treats and excitement, I'd say you threw yourself a good party.

GO SAINTS!

*Seating disclaimer: the wives were all chatting in the other room for a good part of the game, hence the seating arrangement. Our boys really are gentlemen. Sometimes.

4 comments:

Carina said...

Oh man Vanessa! I so love this little family of ours. What a good lookin' bunch! I am still dying that Carson threw up everywhere. It was definitely from eating too many sweets and having such a fun time. He is up and going again like nothin' happened. I guess next time we'll have to tone down the excitement a bit and bring a change of clothes.

Meradith said...

That is so funny that little boy was totally hungover! You do throw a good party!! haha

I miss your parties Nessa! When you used to make me pretend like I was hired help and threaten me a lot throughout it that I couldn't say anything funny or draw any attention away from you. So so fun. We'll have to do it again!!

Looks like you really did have yourself some good fun. I'll have to meet all these peeps sometime soon Nessa! I will I will!!

Mimi said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes! It's been a good day. My man and I might even sneak out for a movie tonight. And yes, we WILL reenact that magical moment you captured on film in front of everyone in the theater. We're totally THAT couple that likes to get frisky in public.

I completely agree -- it's the friends that make living in any place bearable. Our little friend family is the best friend family there ever was! I nominate Josh and Leah as the Mom and Pop. Then it will be more acceptable when we teach them how to kiss.

Amber said...

I feel like busting out in song, "I'll be there for you.. when the rain starts to pour.." haha. : )

Slammin' party. Thanks for hosting. And it is so nice to have a "family" away from home.