Sunday, August 9, 2009

I Told You There Was More... Just A Few...

For those of you just tuning in, the documentation of our adventures up to this point start on the post below this one. Extreme fatigue caused by extreme living resulted in extreme blog laziness halfway through my previous post. SO, here are the rest of the pics. 
**AHEM** In no particular order....

Now, my husband has never been known around town for being young at heart. In fact, he's always been a rather old soul. SO, you can imagine how smitten I was watching him at Seven Peaks the other day.... running from slide to slide...  lit up like an 8 year old... throwing elbows and bulldozing his way through the lines. Makes mama proud. Anyway, I snapped this tasty little morsel and it was too good not to share:

Just look at that face. I know it's blurry but you can still see the glee and delight shining through.

Little family shot before we got down to business. And by business, I mean whipping down waterslides and being awesome in general.

This is a pic I took at Tautphaus Park in Idaho Falls. When we noticed my dad had gone missing we were relieved to find him at a picnic table reading. Because I didn't recall him bringing any reading material along with him, I thought perhaps he had found some rare manuscript or artifact that was holding his attention. You'll all be thrilled to hear that it was, in fact, a copy of the children's book, "I'm a little Tea Pot." 

The book was so riveting, so thought provoking, that he sat in a deep reverie for a good 15 minutes after finishing it. I'm not sure what happened as he read that book.... but I do know he insisted my mom sanitize it and bring it home. It is now a part of the Grammy and Papa children's library.
 

Living in the Bay Area, Leah grew accustomed to parades and events that encouraged exhibitionism. Welp, you can take the girl out of the Bay, but you can't take the Bay out of the girl. 


She love love loves her soccer ball. And gets a little smug when she retrieves it successfully.


On our obligatory trip to the Green Belt in Idaho Falls. It doesn't matter how long you've lived there, or how often you visit, a trip to I.F. would not be complete without a little jaunt to feed the geese. 


Me and Mera and Tub at Guru's in Provo. 


The littles... loving each other... and the rendition of the Itsy Bitsy Spider that all of the adults at the table were performing in perfect four-part harmony. 



Enjoying the 3D IMAX at Thanksgiving Point. We were all able to successfully bypass the security guard with our 3D glasses intact. Unlike the security guard at Seven Peaks Water Park who, while wearing an actual gun on his hip, searched my diaper bag and confiscated all of my baby food due to the "dangerous nature of the glass containers." Dang it all. Completely foiled our plans to bomb people on the free fall with pureed chicken sticks and pears.






At first glance I was very happy with this next little family shot. Everyone smiling, looking at the camera, nice background, you get the idea. However, upon further inspection of my little angel.....

I realized that she was, indeed, making a mockery of our special family moment.

Tune in next time!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

You Collards are so photogenic you make me want to barf.

And I mean that in the nicest, most jealous way possible:)

The DeGraffs said...

soooo, there are many times in my day-to-day life that i say something is the best this or the best that without acutually meaning "the best", but what i am about to say i can say with absolute conviction! that last photo, the "family photo", is hands down the best fricken family photo i have EVER seen!...and rivals for the best *-ing photo period...in history...and yes, that "*" is replacing a capital F! oh yes...yes yes, put that one in your pocket!

Author said...

Ah! I can't believe you didn't let us know you were here! I mean seriously, that was extremely LAME!
Good luck in Chicago. I'm so excited for you both.