Monday, March 28, 2011

Disney, Ya Done Meh Good...

This post is going to be mostly pictures. Pictures that are far too plentiful and far to fabulous to be placed in any sort of order... Because over spring break we went to DISNEYLAND!!! That's right. It was glorious and magical and wondrous and everything good in the world all wrapped up into a few days of SPLENDID! With cherries on top.

My sissy, Bethany, and her family drove from Phoenix to meet us. Our other sister, who shall remain nameless, better yet, "She Who Shall Not Be Named," couldn't make it. It's too bad for her too, because me and Bethany made up all sorts of secret handshakes and stuff...

Anyway, I LUFFED it! It was actually my first time to DL. So don't think I didn't throw elbows. Cause I did. I'm not scuuured to shove an 8 year old out of line.

Onward! Here are a few of our magic moments...

The Turkey Sub is completely in her element with her cousies... Just look at 'er our first night at the hotel.

I can't even handle them...

Have you ever seen anything better? No. No, you haven't.

Waiting for the disney shuttle in the morning... enraptured by this snail on the wall. We pretty much didn't even need to go to disneyland...

This isn't from the trip but I included it to show off Leah's new swimming suit. Obsessed.

This was all good and well until the kids started touching the cars... and then a Disneyland sniper ninja ascended from the sky and tranquilized all patrons within a 15 foot radius. No touching the cars!!

Leah spent as much time in the shrubbery around the attractions as she did on the actual rides. Just too many railings to climb for a two year old to resist.

Bethyboodle and the munchkins...

Leah Mae and dad on their second bumper-car-go-round...

This little bundle was an absolute dream boat the whole trip. Including the 5 hour flights. I was over the moon with her the entire time. Still am.

Halfway through this ride, as I watched from the sidelines, I noticed Leah disappear and Bethany start laughing so hard she could hardly sit up... what I couldn't see was Leah bent over at the waist, flopping around because she could no longer hold herself up against the G-forces. When she got off, she was still happy as a clam!


Giving the sword in the stone a hearty tug...



The bendy bars in Toon Town.

Mama duck and all her ducklings... and mine.

While this green chair may look plush and inviting, it wasn't. I nearly cracked my head open when I sat down.


Walid and Ally giving Leah a little "what's to come" pep talk... Blowing her mind, I dare say.

After finally convincing Elyza to go on the California Screamer. She started screaming "Again! Again!" as soon as it ended. It was a good moment for all involved.


On the huge California Adventure ferris wheel...

Sam with Bethany's Ally and Elyza on the Ferris wheel.


Sam can only occasionally be found behind the camera. But you can bet, if we're out and about in a picture-taking kind of way, he'll snap one of me nursing. Every time. I can't tell you how many shots I have just like this one. Making the same face, too. What can I say? I inspire him.
Don't judge my greasiness.

Dang it feels good to be a gangsta...


And finally, the princesses. Oh, the princesses. Or, as Leah says, the Princesses-es. This was the highlight of the trip...

This first shot is when Leah first spotted Belle down the way and said, "Look Awiel! It's Belle!" She could barely contain herself long enough for the next pose. Ariel was a little put out.

The crowning moment of our Disneyland experience was meeting Belle, Leah's favorito of the princesses-es. There was so much gushing and twirling and squealing my heart burst into a thousand tiny pieces. But, let's not pretend Belle didn't look a little weird. Maybe it was that felt shawl/petty coat monstrosity she was wearing...

I realize this video is sideways... But it's 10:52PM and I'm starting to get that panicky feeling that only mothers, who know they will never get to recoup lost sleep, get when it starts to creep past bedtime... so it's stayin.



Leah was shouting out, "Hey! Cinderella! Hiiii! Cinderella!" And then looking back at me, "Come on, Mama! Let's go see Cinderella!" That little pansy in the feather hat kept blocking her way with strategically placed dances moves.

Oh, Disneyland... you are my new best friend. It's been a long time coming. And after not once, but twice, becoming so overcome by your splendor that I attempted a choreographed song and dance number on your Main Street, I know we will be in each other's lives for a very long time... You're beautiful.

3 comments:

Carina said...

Love love LOVE it! I'm so glad that Leah got to see all her princesses-es. I can totally picture her taking on that role at Disneyland in another 20 years. So glad that Eve was good and that your trip was wonderful!

Mimi said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm getting the itch to take MY family now. California Screamin' is my absolute favorite. I hope you loved it!

And yes, Belle did look a little weird there. She needs to bare those shoulders and brave the cool weather like the rest of the princesses. Pansy.

bethany said...

Nessa, oh Nessa...I get that homesick feeling every time I think of our trip. LOVE....that is all I have to say. and I miss you and your hubs and mostly my squishy palmer gees. I yub them. And now I am getting all sad and un-motivated to do anything except plot our next adventure together. I am calling you right now.