Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Reason to Celebrate!!

Everyone,

Meet Miss Scarlett Marie:

We thought Meradith was destined to go against the family grain and birth little pipsqueaks after her babe, Lucia, weighed a mere 6 lbs 11 oz nearly two years ago. But Scarlett tipped the scales at a healthy 8 lbs 10 oz! Yes!

Just look at that voluptuous little figure! She's a girl after my own heart.

Oooh I love love love her! I'm so happy she's here, and so sad I'm not there to kiss her face. And Mera's face too. And Jason's.

WELCOME TO THE WORLD BABY SCARLETT!

A small warning to Mera...

You better be lockin' all yer doors at night... I'm not scurred to do a little baby snatchin'. Even from mah own kin.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh... that name is perfect! She is amazing! That baby... ooooooooh she makes my uterus twitch a bit. Not gonna lie.

Congrats to the family!

Isom Crew said...

She is so cute! There's just something about babies. Your final comment cracked me up. Too funny.

Mimi said...

Hooray! Congratulations! She is a cutie, and I love her name. Hope you'll be able to squish her soon!

By the way, Matt thinks that picture of Mera looks EXACTLY like you, minus the hair. Gorgeous family!

Unknown said...

Ok, so I am going to commission you to write my blog because by the time I finally get around to doing mine, every creative, funny, entertaining thought has fled my brain and you get the remains. I LOVE reading your blog is I guess what I am really trying to say :)...Hawaii was awesome and the bathing suit is a target purchase. I got it last year but they have it again this year and I highly recommend it. Its long and the strap comes off for versatility. :) I still can't wait to meet some day!

Amber said...

First of all, you and your sister look so much alike.
Secondly, I just can't believe that sweet little bundle. I love me a good newborn. Her hair, her cheeks.. oh soo sweet. Makes me want another one (or two) : ).

Congrats!