Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Blue Moon... You Saw Me Standing Alone.............

Two weeks, folks. It's taken two measly weeks for my intrigue and elation with this place to turn into slobbering, sniffling homesickness and disdain. Well, not really disdain... cause I still really love it here... just mostly the homesick part. Many of you told me, "Oh yeah, you'll be fine until winter hits." Well, you severely overestimated my tender, little, wuss of a heart.

A small caveat; I'm PMSing and just started my post vacation diet... which means endorphin decrease + hormone increase + favorite thing in the whole wide world (food) decrease.... so don't be judgy.

Oh yeah, and I've also been feeling miffed this morning because I got out of bed all shivering and quivering and checked the weather... 56 degrees out. Not that bad for 6:30AM, right? Then I notice it says "feels like 42." WHAAAT?? How 'bout 56 degrees going ahead and feeling like 56 degrees. Thanks.

The truth is, there's really only one reason I'm feeling all blue and lonely today:

These beauties: My marme and daddy

And these beauties: My sister Meradith, hub Jason and their little beaut, Lucy

And these beauties: My sister Bethany and her 4 munchkins Ally, Elyza, Olivia and Isaiah... oh and Meradith... who is taking the place of Beth's mysterious hub, Walid... who has never been captured on camera...

And let's not forget my two brothers, Abe and Jesse, and their respective broods (Tiffany, Kinley, Cal, Ethan and Carson)... who have no decent full family pictures to speak of and therefore are remaining "unpictured" as punishment for not being better picture takers. Don't screw with me.

I guess that's more than one reason... but that doesn't change the fact that they are to blame for my feeling so disenchanted. Come to think of it, it was most likely the phone call I got from my two sissys, laughing and cackling away together, that really sent me over the edge. The reality is, I will never really love a place unless it comes fully equipped with all the bells and whistles.... my fam.

********

In the mean time....


We have been doing all sorts of really cool and exciting things. More on that later....

8 comments:

Courtney said...

I can totally relate.

Carina said...

Wow! We are on the same vibe! I'm sorry and I feel for you! I guess this time was bound to come sooner or later. Hopefully we can get over it quickly and enjoy this "temporary" experience together. Love ya!

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

If it makes you feel any better I would GLADLY trade you places, weather-wise. We just got through with 106 degree weather, something like over 100 days of triple-digit weather. I HATE IT HERE SOMETIMES!!!! Winter can be SO great. Fall is beautiful with the leaves changing colors. And the clothing options are so much more exciting, what with sweaters, jackets, boots, layering, ets. And I have always thought that Christmas is so much more fun with the snow and cold. I am jealous of you.

Mimi said...

I totally know what you mean. 56 degrees has never felt colder to me in my life! I left my building tonight for the first time in two days. Yeah, it took two days to gather the courage after that scary storm. For me, the change of mood is DEFINITELY due to the weather. But don't feel sad! We're so close, and totally willing to bundle up and come visit if you need company to cheer you up.:)

By the way, that is an AWESOME picture at the Willis Tower! I wish I had one like that! But then again, my feet wouldn't be nearly as cute.

sarawhat said...

Diets are for quitters. My solution? If a snickers bar REPLACES your meal, you're really not getting any more calories than usual. And it tastes WAAAAY better. And that bottom picture scares me and kind of makes my chest tighten up.

Kent said...

Just so you know, the word verification for my comment is "goons". Probably my coolest one yet. I have nothing else to add, I have never been homesick, I have never missed anyone, ever, and I have no emotional problems whatsoever.

Hold on a second, I take that back. I have no problems, emotional or otherwise, whatsoever. Good luck with all...THAT.

Unknown said...

I so totally agree. When I was living in Idaho Falls I could think to do was get out. Then I finally moved to Boston and it turns out that all I really want is to be near family. I just didn't realize it til' it was too late. There are so many cool cities out there full of adventure and life, but somehow the city that has my parents in it--with all its wind, lack of trees, cold weather and general boringness--tops them all.

The DeGraffs said...

so, i like the way this blog ends with a picture of you seemingly on the verge of throwing yourself off of a skyscraper to simply end it all! now for the real purpose of this comment. you know how when you think of a city theres usually a color that immediately comes to mind? usually it has to do with whatever the sports team from that city may be. well, for some reason whenever i think of chicago i think of purple...any explanations for that from what you have experienced so far?