Friday, August 31, 2012

Final Days Haze....

I spent the month of June in sort of a drunken stupor. My stinky little June cocktail included my best friend moving away, Sam having to jet off to CA to find us a place to live, preparing for our own gargantuan move across the country, and the sudden need for an emergency tooth extraction.

I know. I'm gross. But the fact that my teeth are falling out of my head is not my fault. Bad enamel mixed with a crap previous dentist gets your new dentist to say fun things like, "Your hygiene is great, your enamel is terrible and you should sue your old dentist. That'll be 10 grand. Thanks." It was a real hoot!

The silver lining of it all is that when we played "two truths and a lie" at the Palmer family reunion and one of my truths was, "I just lost a tooth," nobody believed it. And I got to stand up in front of 30 people and open wide to a collective, "Ewwww!" It was very invigorating.


 That being said, that was the most I will ever write about dental work on this blog ever again. Pinky swear.

We did sort of try to check a few things off our NYC bucket list during our last few weeks, so that was good. But mostly my eyes were just halfway crossed from exhaustion and nitrous oxide the whole time. 

What exactly am I trying to say, you ask? Well, I'll tell you... June sucked.

I think.

I don't really remember.

Anyway, here are a couple of pictures of the moments in June that didn't suck:

Magnolia Bakery. Holy smokes. Their banana pudding is pure heaven... here's a picture of Sam enjoying it.


Know what else is pure heaven? This guy. And we ran in to him at a little playground in the West Village:



Don't pretend you don't know who he is. Ok, I'll tell you-it's Nigel Barker from America's Next Top Model!   Notice Sam's bulging bicep in the photo---I was pretending to take pictures of Sam while zooming in on Nigel like any weirdy would. And, no surprises here, he asked me if I would be on the next season of ANTM on the spot.

After I broke the news to Nigel that modeling is not in my future (and that I'm happily married and wouldn't be meeting him for dinner that night) we headed off to Highline Park.... or "The Highline," as people who are "in the know" call it. It's a park/walkway built atop an old railroad track. And it'll blow your mind. Here's a picture we took that doesn't show the whole railroad track concept at all but does show all of our family love and togetherness...


It was a most splendid day in NYC that ended with an impromptu dash into an international barbecue festival at Madison Square Park. Look at 'im, with his wee little mitt full o' ribs, happy as a clam.


Sam lives for barbecue. It's what all his dreams are made of. Which is why I dab a little bbq sauce behind each of my ears every night before bed.

In other news, The Turkey Sub started preschool on Wednesday. She was so excited and I was a little worried because, well, frankly, I don't think any establishment will ever hold a candle to that delectable little Mustard Seed School in Hoboken, but this new school in comin' up for a close second. ... And she's a tasty dish, indeed:



 And the little morsel in pink was wandering around the house the whole time she was gone yelling, "Weee-yah! Where ahhhh yoooou??" And then bursting into tears. Here she is this morning once we got home from dropping Leah off and she realized she didn't make it home with us...


Heartbreaking. Good thing she's so freaking cute.


Best sissies...


Alright, I can't figure out the formatting for the rest of these pictures so you get a little of this weird side-writing to wrap this up. I'm almost caught up, friends! Don't you worry! Only 17 posts left! Just kidding. Kind of. Stay tuned. Muah!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

OH. My heart aches. Your girls are grown. Tell them to stop growing until we can all get together. Please. : )