Thursday, January 19, 2012

FWENDS

I really have no business blogging right now. I've been a complete failure of a mother today. Which means I pretty much parked my two babes in front of the TV all day, and made a bunch of false promises about doing fun things "in a few minutes," with every intention of surfing the net instead. My children have been completely revolting, behaving like little neanderthals out of attention-seeking boredom. And here it's dinner time and the last two times Leah has told me she's hungry, I've sent her off to dig another pack of fruit snacks out of my purse.

But it can't be helped. I'm in a funk. A post Totally Awesome Weekend funk. And I blame you. No, not you. YOU. And by YOU, I mean YOU, Mimi and Carina! You know what you did! And now I'm gonna tell everybody!

Truth is, they came to visit for the long weekend. And we had a glorious time. And then, they got all selfish and went home. And ever since, I've been sniffling and slobbering and wallowing in our sandbox.

But, because I am such an emotionally sound person, I'm going to write through the pain and soldier on. Because I know you can't wait to know what we did during our weekend of blissful delirium.

It all started last week when, after a four hour staring contest, Sam and I were feeling a little bored and dissatisfied with each other. So we sent up a smoke signal. And the Bischoffs and Snows answered the call.

You might think we'd be afraid to cram 6 adults and 7 kids (including 3 babies) into a two bedroom apartment. Or that we let minor details like not having enough beds or enough room to avoid awkward cross-spousal underwear sightings keep us from congregating in Hoboken. But you'd be wrong. Because we don't let stupid things like that come between us. And we secretly like those cross-spousal underwear sightings. Oh, Carina! Stop pretending it's only ME who likes them! Grow up!

Ahem. Guess I should post a picture before this post gets too self-indulgent...

The Matriarchs. All ready for church.

And our men and baby spawn.

It was really cold... so, truthfully, we only ventured outside a few times. Mostly we just ate. There was a lot of eating going on.

These babies kept busy trying to assert dominance over each other. And Baby Jude enjoyed two sexy older ladies at his disposal all weekend.


Skylee and Eve both pulled all nighters on Saturday night. It was a real hoot, I tell ya! Everybody loved it! Personally I think it was all orchestrated by baby Jude.



We did brave the cold to visit the waterfront.

Tiny Tuna loves the cold... This was my view into the ergobaby for the duration.


My favorite part of the whole trip was a rather spirited poker game. Mimi was ready to tear shiz up. And she did.

My poker face confounds even the most seasoned poker players.

It's really this part of it that's the real money maker. They can't tell what I'm thinking. Totally throws um off.
Interestingly, this is the very face Sam and I share to signal the beginning of our mating ritual.

And of course we peed ourselves laughing all night.

The Turkey Sub is still perfecting her super hero stance. But I think it's pretty much how batman stands.
Yeah. I'd say that's about right.



The Bischoffs ventured home on Monday and Mimi's hub, Matt, headed off to some business meetings he arranged in Philly, so Mimi and I had the day all alone to paint the town. SO, we went to the park in the arctic weather and chattered and huddled together while the kids played. Our love kept us warm.

And Sam shot Tiny Tuna down the slide a few times. Which increased my quality of life three-fold.

There's no excuse for her.

I think I may print this one off and hang it with my family photos.

See? Made for each other.

Oh Mimi and Carina. Thank you for traveling all the way from Buffalo and Michigan! Now come back to me! And bring your husbands, too. Because, although he won't admit it publicly, Sam's been crying himself to sleep at night. And I caught him carving S+L+M=LOVE on the little walnut tree in front of our building.

Don't tell anyone.

Just come back.

5 comments:

Carina said...

OH Vanessa! You know I haven't stopped bawling like a baby since we left...and now this post just made some more tears gush. We've been through the ringer together and there just isn't anyone that can replace my Vanessa & Mimi.

Thanks for graciously giving up your MASTER bedroom for the Bischoff clan and trading in your king size bed for the couch. THAT is true love!

How is it I feel like we are like a family?
......Haha! Brooklyn began reading my comment and she piped in after I wrote "How is it I feel like we... and she decided to fill in the blank for me and was convinced that that was what I was going to write. But really is there any other way to summarize my true feelings for you???

I guess we'll just end on that note...Yes, How is it I feel like we are like a family? Let's ponder on that thought. :)

Robyn said...

Awwww. So fun! Will you all hate me if I say I miss the cold? Maybe. I for sure miss you all too! Glad you could get together!

eryn said...

Noth'n like great friends to kill the loneliness and make you feel normal again. Loved the poker face aka face of seduction! What man could turn that down?

Mimi said...

Stop it! Just stop it! You mock my pain in missing you by being all funny and crap. It doesn't feel right to pee my pants about your poker face all over again when I'm so sad inside!

And yes, Jude did orchestrate that whole night with Eve and Skylee. He actually told them that whoever could stay up the latest would get a big fat mouth kiss the next day, so...maybe YOU should've been the winner on that one.

Ugh...that's it. I'm hopping on the next hot air balloon headed your way. I'll just jump out when I see your green roof and your beautiful self wallowing in that forsaken sandbox.

Love you. Come visit me soon.

Amber said...

Looks like you guys had a riot! You three look like some hot mom as in the first photo... Watch out Hoboken! : )

I must say, unlike Robyn I am not missing the cold...at least not yet.
But we do miss you and your sweet family! Happy new year!