Saturday, May 28, 2011

Over the Moon...

... with this guy...


... who, six weeks ago, very causally entered the Chicago Fleet Feet Sports Soldier Field 10 Mile Run. And then made it his beyotch. This morning. In 84 minutes. Right in front of my adoring eyes.

There were over 12,000 runners. It was a glorious event, indeed.

Oh, Sambino. You make your wifey so proud.

And don't think watching and being all a part of the drama and emotion and excitement of it all didn't make me think I could go right ahead and enter the Chicago marathon. Because I almost did just now. But then I decided to surf the net instead.

The coolest part about this particular race is that the finish line was right on the 50 yard line at Soldier Field, where the Chicago Bears play. It was pretty freaking awesome.


Those medals were pure gold!

We started the preparations for this morning's festivities last night with a ceremonial outing to Pizza Capri for some carb loading. Because we are super supportive, and generally willing to sacrifice for our husbands, the wives took part in the carbo extravaganza as well. The things we do for these boys....


Then, we woke with the sun and took our little stroller brigade to the metra...


...where the munchkins waited in squealing anticipation for the train to Soldier Field.

Carina asked to be in this photo with the kids. She really loves the camera. Such a ham, that girl!


It was a bit of a zoo trying to get shots of our boys amongst the chaos. In fact, one lady tried to make herself comfortable directly in front of me when I knew Sam was coming in, and I may or may not have threatened to punch her lights out. Or I may have just mumbled it under my breath. Or maybe right to her face. Or maybe I just mentioned that I felt like doing it in passing to my friends. No one will ever know. But let's just say, she left the stadium with a black eye. Or maybe she didn't!

Upon my request, Sam called me when he was a mile out so I could brace myself for his moment of glory. But all I could hear on the other end of the line was a bunch of puffing and gasping and belching. In the end, I just snapped pictures of every hottie with a beard and bulging biceps I saw cross the finish line, hoping one of them would be him. Can you find him? He's fist pumping with Mimi's hub, Matt.


Even Baby Eve couldn't deny there was magic in the air after her daddy big moment...

So, so proud of these hubbies.

Next stop, IRON MAN.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Wow, you are FAST!! I mean fast, like, that just happened today and you already posted about it. Sam, you're fast too.

Such a fun little event that we managed to stretch out across a whole 24 hours. So proud of our boys!!

And now I will go steal all these pictures from your blog. Even though I actually brought my own camera this time, I'm sure your pics turned out better. Thanks.